Saturday, September 27, 2008

The strangest two week vacation

All the walking doesn't stop. In fact, it seems to be all I've been doing since I've arrived in Salzburg. I've walked on a panoramic trail to the Hohensalzburg Fortress twice, once in the rain and once in the sun. I've walked to the Bräu Haus, but that was never begrudgingly. I've walked down the majority of the Gaisberg...well slipped mostly, wet roots are not safe to step on. I've walked back and forth to German class every day - a 50 minute round trip. I've walked to buy a bike, failed, and walked back. I've walked down 4 flights of stairs everyday to leave my building because the elevator only goes up from the first floor (All ya'll logistical peeps are gonna tell me that doesn't work. Trust, it does. There's only a button for the elevator on the first floor). I've walked to and from Hellbrunn, about 6 miles. I've walked and walked and walked, and it's all beautiful. 

Just please, a bike, eventually.

Today is exciting because it's finally nice out. I think we've had one nice day here besides today. Otherwise the weather has averaged around 50 degrees and drizzly. It might even get up to 70 tomorrow!

So many things to write about, and I'm completely lacking the brainpower to do it, so instead I'll give a sentence or two about some funny pictures.

The Augustiner Bräustübl: Tasty beer + expensive prices = a good time nonetheless


A view of Altstadt and the fortress from the footbridge.

The panoramic view from the hike

The fortress from behind.

OMG Bergs. The alps.

Heyyy look! It's me! And my favorite statue! In the Mirabellgarten!

Another view of the Mirabellgarten

Out to dinner. From left my roommate Ja, Kristen, Jeff ruining the picture, and Jeff's roommate Jon.

Cool! A mountain view from atop another mountain (Geisberg)

I wasn't the first person to verbalize the Misty Mountains LoTR reference, but I may have been the first person to think of it.

A view from the bell tower at Hohenwerfen.

The Birds of Prey show. Hawk up! Norris would be so stoked to see this.

Sweet.

The trick fountains at Hellbrunn.

Jeff, Scott, Ja, Andreas, Matt and Liz getting owned by the table and stools. 

A bunch of us decided to walk up to see the hunting lodge and cave theater, which I unfortunately couldn't capture because my camera died. From left Geoff, Ja, Liz, Jeff, Sarah, Taylor, Me, Scott, Jered, Hillary, Jon and Jared.

Last night at Shamrocks...an irish pub in Austria. Taylor, Scott, Seth, Seth's friend Florian from Berlin, Liz, Jeff and me :)

Bis Später!

No comments: