Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The countdown begins...

Okay, so that's not entirely true...the countdown has been going on for a number of days, months even, but now I'm actually starting to freak a little. I haven't begun to pack and I have a loose notion of what I need. I can't even pack light for a weekend, let alone 3 1/2 months! I leave 9 days from today and I'm oscillating between complete excitement and sheer panic.

I said goodbye to Eric this morning :( sehr traurig. I almost stole something that smelled like him to bring along but I'd been in his apartment for too long over the weekend to tell if anything smelled like him at all. I considered taking his deodorant but I figured he'd miss that. So instead I'll just get some killer pic of the two of us. He looks Austrian anyway.

Other than that, I'm busy collecting mailing addresses for my Great Postcard Project. Want a postcard from a faraway land? Well, hand over your addresses! If you're not sure if I'd write to you, I probably wouldn't, but hey, give it a shot anyway! Everyone loves mail. I know I do! That being said, here's MY address if you want to write me:

Kelly Kaye c/o AIFS
Makartplatz 5
5020 Salzburg
Austria

If you have a package to send or are sending a slightly larger letter/envelope, make sure to write the following phrases on the outside of the package, BOTH the English and German:

"Used Personal Belongings" and "Student-keine Handelsware"

Apparently for packages to get through, you have to tell the Austrian postal workers that some of my old crap is being sent. Please don't send me old crap. I don't want some junky toothbrush or nail clippers or a half-eaten sandwich. The food I'll be eating over there will be ten times better. Suckas.

Fröliches Reisen!

No comments: